Congrats on your new invention!!!
Now that you’ve got your invention ready and are of the assumption that you just need to explain your invention to the patent attorney Philadelphia in detail, and they will take care of everything from there, then you are absolutely wrong. There are many aspects that you need to care for in finding the right patent law firm Philadelphia.
So, before you get ready to click on the ‘Free consultation’ button on the website of any patent attorney Philadelphia, please read over this article.
- Is The Trademark Attorney In Philadelphia Trustworthy?
According to the federal regulations, the Patent attorneys are obliged to maintain the information received from the clients in a confidential manner, this applies to the clients as well. Whereas, you don’t require a confidentiality agreement just to discuss with a patent attorney in general. There are some patent attorneys who prefer an initial consultation be non-confidential. Therefore, when you are planning an initial conversation, it is good to ask beforehand if the conversation is confidential under the federal regulations or a non-confidential conversation. If the attorney tells you that they prefer to have a non-confidential conversation, until they can determine, if they can really represent you, then you must make sure that you do not disclose any confidential information to them.
- How To Prepare For The Meeting
If you are meeting up with a patent attorney Philadelphia, you must prepare in advance with the necessary information related to your invention. You must make sure what information is necessary and what is not. It is because –
- When the inventor dumps a lot of rambling information onto the patent attorney, with an expectation that they will sort out everything, then it is a wrong idea. They are not the ones who invented, so they need your assistance.
- A smooth working relationship must begin with your first meeting, and not a confused relationship. Hence, preparing in advance is a must.
- The patent attorney needs to know the basic pattern of the invention, so provide him with effective invention guidelines that he can add. You can also share any relevant pictures or drawings of your invention. This will help the attorney to spend a quality time, which will add value to the process.
- Enquire about the Cost of Attorney Services
You are aiming to get the assistance of a professional, hence you are supposed to pay for the services. The patent attorneys sell their time and time is money! So, enquire the details of the various expenses that would be involved in the process. You will obviously have a budget, and would be looking to keep your costs reasonable. The patent attorneys would be able to tell you roughly, as to how much it is going to cost you even with a little information.
Though you are going to hire a patent attorney to represent you, you must stay informed about the various patent law and process. The fact is you need to understand what is going on in your process to make important decisions and for better understanding.